Erie Bronze & Aluminum is a leading manufacturer of non-leaded bronze sand castings. We pride ourselves on our ability to create high quality bronze sand castings, quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
As world-class bronze alloy sand casting manufacturer, you can expect Erie Bronze to:
- Provide exceptional casting quality
- Provide a fast turnaround on quotes and orders
- Be flexible and easy to work with
Our focus on technology and quality control ensures we produce high-quality bronze sand castings according to customer specifications. At Erie Bronze & Aluminum, we specialize in non-leaded bronze sand castings that are used in various industrial applications around the world.
We Use Simulation Software to Manufacture Quality Bronze Sand Castings
Erie Bronze & Aluminum’s engineering department uses SOLIDCast and FLOWCast software for design and flow simulations to help create castings and gating systems which reduce costs, shorten lead times, and produce higher quality castings. Flow simulation allows Erie Bronze & Aluminum to see a simulation of the liquid metal and the transferring of heat that occurs during the production of a specific casting prior to building a physical pattern or mold. Our engineers input a CAD model and the software runs the simulation to evaluate any complications, casting defects, or issues with the design.
Flow simulations allow Erie Bronze & Aluminum to reduce time spent on the sampling and first article inspection process, reduce the weight of material required for each mold and ultimately leads to the production of high quality bronze castings. Not only does SOLIDCast enhance our efficiency, but it reduces wasted time and material, which saves our customers money.
Our Casting Capabilities, Alloys, and Specifications
Erie Bronze & Aluminum casts various non-leaded bronze alloys for many different industries. All metals are alloyed in house, using our SPECTROLAB metal analyzer.
Our foundry specializes in the following bronze alloys:
- Aluminum Bronze
- Aluminum bronze alloys are wear resistant, non-sparking, and designed to withstand corrosion. These properties make aluminum bronze alloys suitable for applications exposed to seawater, chlorides, dilute acids, and other harsh environments.
- Manganese Bronze
- The strongest of the bronze alloys are the manganese bronze alloys. Mainly utilized for heavy duty mechanical products due to their ability to operate under very heavy loads and speeds and their high tensile and yield strength.
- Tin Bronze
- Tin bronze alloys have reasonably high strength and good wear resistance which makes them a great choice for bearings, piston rings, and gears. Like the aluminum bronze alloys, tin bronze alloys are known for their corrosion resistance in marine applications.
- Silicon Bronze
- Silicon bronze alloys exhibits immense corrosion resistance when submerged in liquids or chemicals. Applications for silicon bronze alloys range from bearings and gears to intricately shaped pump and valve components.
Erie Bronze & Aluminum has experience working with a number of different bronze casting material specifications, including military, ASTM, and various aerospace applications.
A few of the most common bronze specifications we work with include:
- ASTM B148 - This Specification Establishes Requirements for Sand Castings Produced from Copper-Base Alloys
- AMS 4860 - Manganese Bronze, Sand and Centrifugal Castings
- ASTM B584 - Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Sand Castings for General Applications
- ASTM B763 - Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Sand Castings for Valve Applications
- MIL-B- 21230A – Military Specification, Bronze, Nickel Aluminum, and Manganese-Nickel Aluminum Castings, Ship Propeller Application
- QQ-C- 390 – Military Specification Copper Alloy Castings
Not your Average Foundry
Erie Bronze & Aluminum is more than just a foundry. Our use of technology including solidification software allows us to efficiently produce and deliver quality castings that are customized to meet all of your requirements. Our state of the art facility utilizes an automated sand casting process to consistently produce quality products. With decades of experience in the foundry industry, our team has the knowledge necessary to help you choose the best alloy for your application. In addition to bronze sand castings, we are also experts in manufacturing Aluminum Tubes & Rings in three hard to find alloys. Erie Bronze & Aluminum promises that our experienced and knowledgeable staff will take the time to understand your requirements and provide you with the highest level of customer service.