We are a green sand casting foundry that specializes in non-leaded bronze alloys for a variety of different industrial applications. Green sand molding is an efficient method for creating close to near net shape metal parts and is typically the least expensive of all the casting processes, including die casting and investment casting.
Automated Molding Line
- Bronze sand castings ranging from 3 to 150 pounds
- 26 x 26 flask size
Cope Drag Molding Line
- Large bronze sand castings up to 500 pounds
- Up to 36 x 36 flask size
- Six electric furnaces
- Furnace sizes range from 1000 to 2000 pounds in melting capacity
- Equipped with the technology to guarantee chemical specifications are met
- All castings are cut off, ground, and blasted in our cleaning department
- For orders requiring physical properties, separate test bars are poured along with the castings. The test bars are machined and pulled at our in-house lab
- Orders requiring heat treatment, LPI, x-ray or machining are sent to qualified outside sources
- Parts are packaged per customer’s specifications
We offer three options for your certification needs.
- Certificate of Conformity: Your certification will show the chemical ranges of the required specification and a statement that the castings you receive conform to that specification. This option will not report the actual chemical results.
- Chemical Certification: Certifies that your castings meet the required chemical specification. Your certification will show the actual chemical results, taken from each heat of material.
- Chemical & Physical Certification: Certifies that your castings meet both the chemical specification and the required physical properties. Your certification will show the actual chemistry and the physical property results from each heat of material as tested by our in-house laboratory.
Aluminum Tubes & Rings
Our aluminum tubes and rings are supplied rough machined in various lengths and diameters, customized to meet your specific dimensional needs. Heat treat is available to the T5 or T101 conditions. There is no minimum quantity; you can order 1 to 100 or more pieces in any size!
We are the Casting Experts
No matter the industry or the application, we are committed to meeting your casting requirements. Our practice of ongoing investments into the latest foundry technologies has provided; shorter lead times, high repeatability, and lower costs, allowing us to provide you with the best total value.
By utilizing PTC Creo Parametric modeling software (formerly Pro/Engineer) as well as Solid Cast and Flow Cast simulation software our engineers are able to accurately quote your industrial components. Each new product starts with the development of a solid model of the casting and the gating system in PTC Creo Parametric. The solid models are then imported into Solid Cast and Flow Cast. These solidification simulators will identify directional solidification and mimic the path of molten metal to identify flow characteristics and reduce turbulence to promote defect free castings. This stringent engineering process allows us to analyze each casting prior to production to ensure the highest quality parts.
This video is an example of our flow simulation software that allows us to analyze the gating design and casting to predict and eliminate flow-related defects.
Using our in house SPECTROLAB metal analyzer, we are able to test the chemistry of every heat of metal we pour. This allows us to use a variety of different charging materials and make additions when necessary to meet the exact chemical specification you require.
Foundry Degassing Unit
We are the first US based foundry to utilize the newest metal treatment and gas analyzing technology developed in Europe. The Foundry Degassing Unit allows us to control the real time hydrogen levels of our aluminum alloys directly within the molten metal. A few advantages of this automated process include; improved surface finish, reduction of hard inclusions, increased tensile strength, and reproducible results.
Every employee of Erie Bronze & Aluminum is accountable for fully satisfying our customer’s needs and expectations. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction, 100% of the time.
Our quality policy is driven by the following management principles
- Strive to build a mutually profitable relationship with our customers, ensuring their long-term success, through the understanding of their needs and the needs of their customers.
- Consistently meet or exceed our customer’s expectations for product quality, performance, and value.
- Provide timely delivery of products to meet our customer’s requirements.
- Continuous improvement of our products and processes.
- Establish an atmosphere of continuing education for all our employees.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees and our community.
- Quality Manual, Operating procedures, and Work instructions are based on the requirements of MIL‐STD‐45208.
- Pattern and process inspection is performed on every job before entering production.
- Chemistry checked on every ladle poured via in-house SPECTROLAB metal analyzer.
- Sand system is monitored by our Hartley Sand Compactibility Controller.
- When required, test bars are poured and tested in-house for physical properties.
- All measuring devices and instrumentation are calibrated and traceable to NIST guidelines.
Erie Bronze & Aluminum is a small business with 24 employees that produces both bronze and aluminum castings for the United States Government. We follow a strict quality system per MIL-I-45208. Examples of previous work include bronze guides for catapult systems, aluminum labyrinth seals for Navy compressors, bronze extension fittings, cylinder heads and bodies, and various bronze and aluminum castings for Naval sea systems.
- Duns NO.#: 005028493
- CAGE Code: 4L232 ITAR Certified
- NAICS Codes:
- 331529 – Copper Foundry
- 332911 – Industrial Valve Manufacturing
- 332912 – Fluid Power Valve & Hose Fittings
- FSC Codes:
- 1720 – Aircraft Launching Equipment
- 1905 – Combat Ships & Landing Vessels
- 2040 – Marine Hardware & Hull Items
- 2090 – Miscellaneous Ship & Marine Equipment
- 4820 – Valves, Nonpowered
Request a Quote
"*" indicates required fields