Manganese Bronze Castings: Manganese Bronze 863
Erie Bronze & Aluminum is a Non-Ferrous Sand Casting Foundry, specializing in bronze alloy castings. Serving numerous industries, we cast a variety of non-leaded bronze alloys, including Manganese Bronze 863. Manganese Bronze 863’s tough and corrosion resistant characteristics are ideal for high load, low-speed applications that require a combination of outstanding wear characteristics and high bearing strength. Its typical uses include slow speed heavy duty load bearings, extra heavy duty high strength applications, bridge turntable and wear hardware, gears, and valve stems. Manganese Bronze 863’s capabilities make it a top choice for these applications.
Choosing Manganese Bronze 863 for Your Manganese Bronze Castings
Erie Bronze & Aluminum produces Manganese Bronze alloy 863 to meet several ASME, ASTM, and SAE bronze casting material specifications:
- AMS 4862: This Specification Establishes Requirements for Aluminum Bronze Sand Casting
- ASTM B 22: This Specification Establishes Requirements for Sand Castings Produced from Copper-Base Alloys
- ASTM B584: Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Sand Castings for General Applications
- ASTM B 763: Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Sand Castings for Valve Applications
- SAE J461: used for cast copper alloys to maintain the electrical and thermal conductivity properties, mechanical properties, yield strength, fatigue characteristics, formability and machinability of these alloys
- SAE J462: This Specification focuses on Cast Copper Alloys Used in Aerospace, Automotive, and Commercial Vehicle Industries
Manganese Bronze 863 performs best at low speeds with reliable lubrication. Manganese Bronze 863’s machinability rating of 80 is extremely high compared to other similar alloys, making it an ideal choice for applications requiring complex machining.
For more information about Manganese Bronze 863 and its capabilities and properties, head over to its Material Data Sheet to learn more!