Aluminum Bronze Casting Supplier: Aluminum Bronze 954 for Valve Components, Bearings, & Bushings
Erie Bronze & Aluminum is a non-ferrous sand casting supplier specializing in bronze alloy castings. Serving numerous industries, we cast a variety of non-leaded bronze alloys including Aluminum Bronze 954. Aluminum Bronze 954’s corrosion resistance in seawater, chlorides, and dilute acids make it one of the best options for needs in the heavy industrial, valve, and marine industries. Its typical uses include bearings and bushings, gears, pickling hooks and baskets, worms, and valve components. Aluminum Bronze 954’s exceptional conductivity, ability to undergo heat treatment, and diverse welding capabilities make it a top choice for these applications.
Choosing Aluminum Bronze 954 for Your Bronze Alloy Castings
Erie Bronze & Aluminum produces Aluminum Bronze 954 to meet several ASME, ASTM, and SAE bronze casting material specifications:
ASME SB148: This specification establishes requirements for aluminum bronze sand casting.
- ASTM B148: This specification establishes requirements for sand castings produced from copper-base alloys.
- ASTM B763: This is a standard specification for copper alloy sand castings for valve applications.
- ASTM B584: This is a standard specification for copper alloy sand castings for general applications.
- SAE J461: This specification is used for cast copper alloys to maintain the electrical and thermal conductivity properties, mechanical properties, yield strength, fatigue characteristics, formability, and machinability of these alloys.
- SAE J462: This specification focuses on cast copper alloys used in aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicle industries.
Aluminum Bronze 954’s composition makes it an excellent thermal and electrical conductor. Unlike some other metals and metal alloys, 954 can also be strengthened with heat treatment. This alloy is an excellent material for gas shield arc welding, and is also good for coated metal arc welding, soldering, and brazing, making it a versatile metal alloy for a variety of fabrication applications. Aluminum Bronze 954’s machinability rating of 60 is higher than many other similar alloys, making it an ideal choice for applications requiring complex machining.
For information about Aluminum Bronze 954 and its capabilities, download its Material Data Sheet today!