Aluminum Bronze Castings: Nickel Aluminum Bronze 955
Erie Bronze & Aluminum is a Non-Ferrous Sand Casting Foundry, specializing in bronze alloy castings. Serving numerous industries, we cast a variety of non-leaded bronze alloys, including Aluminum Bronze 955. Aluminum Bronze 955’s make-up of Copper, Aluminum, Iron, and Nickel make the alloy a good choice for corrosion and oxidation resistant applications. Its typical uses include valve guides and seats in an aircraft, engine bushings, landing gears, parts agitators, gears, pickling hooks and baskets, worms, and gun recoil mechanisms. Aluminum Bronze alloy 955 is also commonly used for heavy duty bushings, bearings and gears, as well as in a variety of marine and salt water applications.
Choosing Aluminum Bronze 955 for Your Bronze Alloy Castings
This Nickel Aluminum Bronze alloy is a high strength nickel-bearing aluminum bronze that exhibits excellent yield, compressive strength, high hardness and adequate elongation.
Erie Bronze & Aluminum produces Aluminum Bronze 955 to meet several ASME, ASTM, and SAE bronze casting material specifications:
- ASME SB148: This Specification Establishes Requirements for Aluminum Bronze Sand Casting
- ASTM B 148: This Specification Establishes Requirements for Sand Castings Produced from Copper-Base Alloys
- ASTM B584 - Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Sand Castings for General Applications
- ASTM B 763: Standard Specification for Copper Alloy Sand Castings for Valve Applications
- SAE J461: used for cast copper alloys to maintain the electrical and thermal conductivity properties, mechanical properties, yield strength, fatigue characteristics, formability and machinability of these alloys
- SAE J462: This Specification focuses on Cast Copper Alloys Used in Aerospace, Automotive, and Commercial Vehicle Industries
As previously mentioned, Aluminum Bronze 955 is a good bearing material, making it a good fit for heavy duty, high shock, and high impact applications. This alloy can also be heat treated to improve on its already high strength. Aluminum Bronze 955 is also used in a variety of chemical environments where high resistance to corrosion and erosion are necessary.
For more information about Aluminum Bronze 955 and its capabilities and properties, head over to its Material Data Sheet to learn more!